1) GENERAL CLEANER (TEMPORARY JOB OPENING)
Job Title: General Cleaner
Job Type: Casual Part Time (4 months)
Hours of Working: Flexible
Hours Per week: 10 to 15
Salary: $22.72 Per Hour
Closing date: Friday Nov 20, 2020
Purpose of Job:
The Town of Snow Lake is looking for a Cleaner to take care of our facilities and carry out cleaning duties on part time basis initially for a period of 4 months. The main purpose is to keep our buildings (Town Office, Community Hall, and Arena) in a clean and orderly condition.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Applicant must be versatile and able to work on their own initiative to provide general cleaning duties (sanitizing, dusting, sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, cleaning ceiling vents) throughout the Town office and other designated buildings including toilets / washrooms.
· Operate cleaning equipment and use cleaning materials as required in accordance with Health and Safety requirements.
· Cleaning and washing of dishes during the events in the Community Hall or in other places.
· Must be willing to work on Saturday and Sunday (if required).
· Must be abide by the Rules & Regulations and Policies of the Town.
· Any other duty (es) assigned by the Supervisor / Administration.
· Working experience as a cleaner
· Knowledge of cleaning chemicals and supplies
· Ability to handle or lift heavy objects
Applications can be sent to C.A.O. Robert Hedley via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org), fax (204-358-2112) or dropped off/mailed to the following address: 113 Elm Street, P.O. Box 40, Snow Lake MB, R0B 1M0
Role: Independent/General Contractor shall provide services at the Snow Lake Solid Waste Management Site.
Duties: Under the direct Supervision of the CAO and Transportation and Utilities Manager, the incumbent directs the public for acceptance, processing and placement of refuse, operates equipment and performs duties related to the Town’s solid waste management program. This includes collecting tipping fees; keep records for the oil depot, cleaning and maintaining all areas of the landfill site, recycling stations, oil depot, especially deposited debris along the fences and surrounding trees on a weekly basis or if required on a more regular basis and operating a loader, bobcat and dozer. It also includes some manual labour such as shovelling and some heavy lifting. This position is located at the Town’s Solid Waste Management Facility and involves working weekends (Saturday).
Qualifications: The position requires a valid Class 5 Driver’s Licence preferable with clear abstract, a certificate in Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG) and valid certificate of Landfill Operator issued by the Government of Manitoba Landfill Operator Certification Program is desired and a minimum of two years’ experience operating equipment such as a loader, bobcat, excavator, and dozer. Applicants must have a demonstrated ability to operate equipment in a safe manner. The work involves heavy lifting and manual labour such as shovelling therefore applicants must be physically fit. Preference will be given to applicants with previous experience working in a solid waste management facility or equivalent training/experience.
Obligations: The Contractor shall be obligated to (i) follow all Town, Provincial and Federal Safety Regulations and (ii) shall wear appropriate and approved safety apparel and footwear; to protect himself and others as an independent / general contractor.
Terms of Agreement:
i. Initially, the agreement will be for one (1) year term starting January 1, 2021 to December 31, 2021 extendable upon satisfactory services and mutual understanding of both parties.
ii. A minimum of twenty six (26) hours per week.
iii. Remuneration will be paid @ $2,100 per month.
Application Deadline: December 14, 2020