1) CHIEF ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER
Due to the vacant position of the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) the Town of Snow Lake, Manitoba is seeking to fill that position.
The Town of Snow Lake combines a northern small town atmosphere with the sophistication and amenities because of the major economic employer HudBay Minerals. Located approximately two hours from the larger urban locations of Flin Flon, The Pas, and Thompson; Snow Lake boasts a downtown with potential, year round sports and recreation activities, parks, trails, and a center point beach, all of which are part of the extraordinary comforts that Snow Lake residents enjoy every day. With a population of approximately 900 citizens Snow Lake has an exciting and aspiring future.
This position demands technical skills in municipal administration, financial and human resource management combined with strong communication, analytical, and leadership skills. Desired candidates will have post-secondary education which will include having obtained their Certificate in the Manitoba Municipal Administrators Program or equivalent education.
You will possess:
· A demonstrated track record of leadership and senior management experience within a dynamic multi-dimensional service organization.
· A proven ability to work collaboratively with elected officials, municipal staff, community volunteers, boards and committees.
· Proven experience in strategic planning, organizational development and achieving results in building team relations.
· A thorough understanding of the Manitoba Legislative Processes, knowledge of the Manitoba Municipal Act and other job related legislation and regulations.
This is a full time management position that offers a competitive salary and an attractive benefits package. The salary range shall be between $80,000.00 to $90,000.00 depending on your level of experience and education. It includes a generous benefits package, a Town Vehicle and Municipal Owned Residence.
A detailed Job Description is available upon request. Resumes are to be sent to:
The Town of Snow Lake
Box 40, Snow Lake, MB R0B 1M0
Fax: 204-358-2112 Email: email@example.com
Application Deadline: 4:00 p.m. on Saturday June 23, 2018
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
2) PUBLIC WORKS MAINTENANCE PERSON/MECHANIC
- Prioritize and manage all work assignments to ensure efficiency and cost effectiveness
- Develop short, medium and long-term plans for the maintenance of municipal equipment
- Knowledge and understanding of equipment typical to a municipal public works operation
- Knowledge of techniques required in the construction and maintenance of roads, streets, drainage, and ditches.
- Maintain detailed records on maintenance activities, equipment, and inventories
- Preparation of various forms and applications as required
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the Manitoba Workplace Safety & Health Act
- Other duties as assigned
- A minimum 5 years of relevant experience
- Basic ability with Email, MS Word and MS Excel
- Possession of a valid Class 5 Manitoba Drivers License.
- Class 1 Certification in Water Treatment and Distribution would be an asset
- Suitable combination of education and experience will be considered
- Hold or willing to obtain equipment safety qualifications
Reporting to the Town Foreman, the key areas of responsibility will include implementing the assignments as directed by the Town Foreman. This position is a unionized position with The International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers Local Union 2034.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Operate trucks and heavy equipment (i.e. loader, grader, tandem, etc.) of various sizes and weights in the loading, hauling and unloading of various heavy equipment, materials and supplies.
· Operates trucks and construction equipment, as well as labor required in the maintenance of blading roads, dust control, asphalt patching, hauling materials, crack sealing, ditching, culvert maintenance, sign maintenance and installations, line painting, garbage/recycling collection and drop-of, storm drain maintenance, street sweeping, sidewalk construction, curb and sidewalk repairs, water break excavations, tree trimming, snow removal and ice control. Operate saws and other small equipment and tools to maintain street, traffic systems, maintain Town facilities, aqua-flo units, water meters and other public property.
· Performs routine inspection and preventive maintenance on assigned equipment and refers defects or needed repairs to supervisor and cleans equipment including general maintenance of all public facilities.
· Assists in repairs to trucks and equipment as required.
· Operation and maintenance of the water treatment plant, wastewater lift stations, sewer collection systems, water main infrastructure and the sewage treatment plant as required.
· Water meter readings as required.
· Responds to emergency call-outs when required.
· Performs other duties with the Utilities and Recreation Departments as needed.
· Performs all duties in conformance to appropriate safety and security standards.
· Must be physically able to perform all duties as required.
· Basic ability with Email, MS Word and MS Excel
· Possession of a valid Class 3A Manitoba Drivers License.
· Suitable combination of education and experience will be considered
Please submit a cover letter and resume including three references to one of the following:
Town of Snow Lake
113 Elm Street
Snow Lake, MB R0B 1M0