1) PUBLIC WORKS MAINTENANCE MAN/MECHANIC
- Prioritize and manage all work assignments to ensure efficiency and cost effectiveness
- Develop short, medium and long-term plans for the maintenance of municipal equipment
- Knowledge and understanding of equipment typical to a municipal public works operation
- Knowledge of techniques required in the construction and maintenance of roads, streets, drainage, and ditches.
- Maintain detailed records on maintenance activities, equipment, and inventories
- Preparation of various forms and applications as required
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the Manitoba Workplace Safety & Health Act
- Other duties as assigned
- A minimum 5 years of relevant experience
- Basic ability with Email, MS Word and MS Excel
- Possession of a valid Class 5 Manitoba Drivers License.
- Class 1 Certification in Water Treatment and Distribution would be an asset
- Suitable combination of education and experience will be considered
- Hold or willing to obtain equipment safety qualifications
2) MAINTENANCE PERSON
The Town of Snow Lake is seeking a qualified individual for the position of Maintenance Person.
Reporting to the Recreation Maintenance Supervisor, the position will assist with all recreation and public works functions of the Town.
Arena operation, mechanical training and equipment operator experience are important assets. Refrigeration Class 2 Power Engineer is a requirement. A Class 3 drivers licence is an asset, or a willingness to obtain one.
Remuneration and benefits will commensurate in accordance with the IBEW 2034 Collective Agreement. The rate of pay is $31.40 per hour.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a detailed resume, via mail, fax or e-mail by May 5, 2017 at 5:00 PM.
Applications can be sent to:
The Town of Snow Lake
PO Box 40
Snow Lake, MB R0B 1M0
The Town of Snow Lake thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
3) SUMMER EMPLOYMENT
Are you a student or youth aged 15 – 30?
Are you interested in summer employment with the Town of Snow Lake for community renewal and public grounds, park and trail enhancement?
If so, YOU are invited to apply for a summer student position with the Town of Snow Lake! Resumes with cover letters will be received in the Town of Snow Lake Municipal Office located at 113 Elm Street until May 10, 2017 at 5:00 PM.